It is the last day of the year, so every website, tv-show and newspaper is looking back on the year 2011 and making lists. Moment of Geekiness can’t miss out on this, so we look back on the 10 most popular moments of geekiness of 2011:
10. Siri settles an argument – The launch of Siri in iOS 5 in november caused quite a few parody videos like this one.
9. The best WiFi names – In honor of WiFi day (802.11), we posted the a set of the funniest WiFi names.
8. Working with multiple computers on one desk – Given the popularity of this post, I guess most of the MoG readers have multiple computers.
7. Revenge [Minecraft Parody Music Video] – Although Minecraft was voted game of the year in 2010, it got released in november of this year. This post is also the most popular of all the geeky music videos at MoG this year.
6. Buddhist Steve Jobs – October 5th Apple CEO Steve Jobs passed away. This didn’t stop people making funny comics about Jobs.
5. 5 (+1) to customize Android – Although there are two Apple related post in this top 10, the post on customizing Android was more popular.
4. Science Geek Pick-up Lines – I haven’t heard from anyone who tested them, so I guess they don’t work that well.
3. 5 Spotify alternatives – After Spotify announced in March to further restrict the free accounts, we posted five alternatives to Spotify. I think a lot of you guys switched, because Spotify dropped the listening hours restriction.
2. Doctor Who (Mini) Episode: Time – A lot of Doctor Who fans visited MoG to watch the mini episode for Red Nose day.
1. A USB connector that works both ways – Many people seem to have problems plugging in USB cables, since this post was visited by 26000 people in one day.
Of course, you can’t look back on a year without setting a New Year’s resolution. Well, at MoG we have two; the first is 1920 x 1080 and the second is to make more posts ourselves (like 1, 3 and 5 in the list above) and to ‘steal’ less from Internet.
Happy New Year and see you in 2012!
[Image source: studioluko.nl]